Now in its third year of operations, The Frida Cinema is Orange County’s only non-profit art house cinema, a grass-roots effort championed by individuals dedicated to the art of cinema and accessibility to quality and diverse motion pictures and live experiences. This movie house is independent, not part of a chain, and not affiliated or supported by any major corporations – it is very much a community project, and we need help from our community of arts and cinema enthusiasts to accomplish our mission: to enrich, connect, and educate communities through the art of cinema.
Please take a moment to review our list of needs, and e-mail us at email@example.com, or call our Executive Director Logan Crow at (323) 428-7411, if you can help! Of course the ideal would be that you or someone you know works in one of these fields and can partner with us in providing these items and services, but we’re also happy to talk to anyone who may want to donate the funds necessary to gift any of these items or services to us as well!
- DONATIONS!! Of course, we need funds to continue to develop strong and consistent programming, and make continued improvements to our cinema! Click here to become a Frida Cinema member!
- SIGNAGE!! Have you noticed our cinema has no “light box”/logo-sign? If you work in signage, or know someone who does, please get in touch!
- A CONTRACTOR!! Yes, we realize there is some 70’s charm to our less-than-elegant restrooms, and the broken cabinets and eroding floor finish in our concessions area go a long way in earning us some indie cred, but as attendance increases in our third year, we think it’s time for a much-needed face-lift. And we’ll immortalize on a shiny plaque the person or company that helps us make that possible!
- A GRAPHIC DESIGNER!! Have some free time on your hands to donate your amazing Graphic Design skills to helping a rad cinema continue to develop their brand and outreach? We need your help!!
- AN ELECTRICIAN!! We have some wiring repairs to do here and there (what’s a “ballast”??), and could use the help of a licensed electrician who digs the idea of helping out their local art house cinema – and could use the VERY vocal and visible acknowledgement from said cinema, as well as a tax write-off for their time!
- A VACUUM CLEANER!! Got an old commercial vacuum cleaner to spare? If you’ve been to one our monthly Rocky Horror Picture Show performances, you KNOW we’ll put that thing to good use!
- A MAC!! OK, this may be a lofty request, but who knows – you may have an old working Mac computer you’re not sure what to do with.
- LIVE-EVENT SOUND AND LIGHTING UPGRADES!! We are booking more and more live events, and are being rented by increasing numbers of community non-profit arts and performance groups for their own live performance events, and could really use some better live-event lighting and sound. If you work in sound and/or lighting, or know someone who does, connect with us!
- WINE!! RUM!! VODKA!! Our Official Beer Sponsor is Old Orange Brewing Company. We’ll never tire of telling folks that. Old Orange Brewing Company, Old Orange Brewing Company, Old Orange Brewing Company. You can visit them on Facebook at www.facebook.com/oldorangebrewing. Want that same kind of recognition for your wine, vodka, or rum company? The Frida Cinema often obtains Special Event liquor permits to complement a cinematic or live experience with drinks for our 21+ guests, and we’d love to welcome an Official Wine Sponsor, Official Rum Sponsor, and Official Rum Sponsor (and Official Tequila Sponsor for that matter!) to join OLD ORANGE BREWING COMPANY in our family of awesome sponsoring companies!
- CARPET CLEANING SERVICES!! A donated vacuum cleaner will really help us out, but thanks to the occasional stumble in the dark, our carpets are thick with Coca Cola, wine, a few Rocky Horror “rainstorms”… Help us restore some elegance to our otherwise brand-new grey cinema carpets!
- PRINTING SERVICES!! We’d love to complement our strong social media marketing with more printed outreach, but often find we don’t have the budget for it. If you want to be the Official Printer of The Frida Cinema, get in touch!
- SONY SRXR515P 450-W 6 LAMP PACKAGE!! Who knows, maybe you work for Sony!! OK, we realize this one’s a bit specific, but one never knows. They cost $1,650, and we need them once a year. If you work for Sony, help us out! And if you don’t, but feel like donating $1,650 and smile proudly with the satisfaction that YOU lit our main auditorium’s screen for a full year, get in touch!!
- THROW US A FUNDRAISER!! Know a lot of people? Think they’d be willing to spend some dough at a great event for a great cause? Throw us a fundraiser screening or event!! We’ll help you put it together!
- SPONSORS!! Advertising partners like Segerstrom Center for the Arts, Chunk-N-Chip Ice Cream, and Wursthaus know firsthand the value of spreading their message on our screens and social media. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for information as to how you can get your logo, message, and/or events on our big screens, and in front of over 20,000 new eyes on social media!
- Volunteers! Click here to fill out our volunteer form – we could use your help!
A NEW MARQUEE!!Cheers to Gay Neighbors, Friends, and Families of Santa Ana for hosting a fundraiser which raised all the funds we needed to upgrade our marquee!
- AN iPAD/TABLET!! Cheers to Sean Coolidge for donating an iPad to The Frida!
- PAINT!! Cheers to Sherman Williams for donating 25 gallons of paint!
Email us at email@example.com if you can help!! If you have items or services that are not on this list, but that you think an indie cinema could probably use, you’re probably right! Email us and ask away!