Responding to COVID-19
|On behalf of The Frida Cinema’s Board of Directors, staff, and family of volunteers, I thank everyone who has reached out to check in our organization in light of the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.|
At this time, all screenings and events will continue as scheduled. We are continuing to monitor information from the Center for Disease Control and the World Health Organization, as well as any federal, state, and county announcements, and should we make any changes to our programming or operations in the future, we will be sure to notify you. We are as always committed to bring you an exciting slate of diverse and enriching cinematic and event programming; at the same time, we are focused on the health and safety of our patrons, volunteers, interns, and staff, and wanted to inform you of some of the precautions we are taking to ensure we are doing our part to ensure our cinema continues to provide a safe environment for our family of fellow film lovers.
• All staff and volunteers are asked to stay home if they are ill, or if they begin to feel symptoms of illness.
• All staff and volunteers are following thorough hand-washing procedures, several times a day.
• We are sanitizing surfaces including door handles, push bars, counter spaces, and arm rests several times a day.
• We have placed several bottles of hand sanitizer throughout our lobby, concessions area, and restrooms, and welcome and encourage you to use them.
Here is what you can do to protect yourself:
• Please stay home if you are ill, or feeling ill.
• Individually wrapped alcohol wipes are available at concessions free of charge and by request, should you wish to wipe down your own arm rest.
• Please help us keep our auditoriums clean by discarding wrappers and wipes in our trash cans.
• Our restrooms have all the equipment you need for thorough hand-washing — the best method for keeping your hands virus-free. The CDC advises you wash your hands for 20 seconds, or as long as it takes you to sing Happy Birthday twice to yourself.
Please refer to the following links for updated information and guidance on responding to the COVID-19 outbreak:
The California Department of Public Health
Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
Again, we will continue to monitor the CDC very closely, and are prepared to follow the guidance of all federal, state, and local authorities in response to this outbreak. Any changes to our schedule will be communicated via email, website, and social media.
Thank you, please keep safe and healthy, and we’ll see you at the movies.
The Frida Cinema