CALLING ALL VOLUNTEERS! THE FRIDA’S BACK!
After over a year of closure, this April 20th we are reopening The Frida Cinema’s doors! Of course, we would only do so if we felt it was safe to — we closed our doors a week before we were told to, and waiting a while to reopen after we were allowed to, in the interest of making sure we are doing everything we can to keep folks safe — and that time has finally come! We will be following local, state, and federal guidelines, but in addition, The National Association of Theatre Owners has enacted CinemaSafe, which are recommended guidelines by health experts to address the specific environment of movie theaters. These guidelines include:
- MASKS REQUIRED: All employees and patrons must wear a face covering or mask. Patrons may remove their masks inside the theaters to take in food and/or drinks.
- GLOVES: All employees and staff must wear gloves when handling food, cash, and any and all items exchanged with patrons.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING: Appropriate physical distancing must be maintained at all times between patrons, except members of the same household or those that attend together.
- REDUCED CAPACITY: Theaters will follow guidelines on maximum capacity. Appropriate physical distancing must be maintained at all times between patrons, except members of the same household or those that attend together.
- AIR FILTRATION: All HVAC systems should be in working order with increased ventilation whenever possible. The Frida has gone a step further by investing in and installing MERV-13 Filters.
- FREQUENT HANDWASHING: Employees should be trained on hand-hygiene practices, and are required to wash hands frequently at easily-accessible hand-washing facilities.
- HAND SANITIZED: We have placed hand sanitizer stations with at least 60% alcohol (EPA approved ethanol or isopropyl) in easily accessible areas throughout the cinema, and will have plenty behind the counter as well.
- ENHANCED CLEANING: We have invested in a disinfection machine to spray down seats between movie screenings. High-touch surfaces will be wiped down periodically with EPA-registered disinfectant.
- TEMPERATURE CHECKS AT DOOR: We will have digital thermometer scanners at door, to ensure that no guests are allowed entry with a temperature over 100.3F. All staff and volunteers will be temperature-checked upon arrival as well.
We hope to welcome you back, but we realize it’s been a year since we saw you at our home for cinema! Some of you are off to school, have jobs, have moved away, etc. Please take a moment to fill out the form below, and let us know if you’ll be coming back! Don’t forget to hit Submit when you’re done!