Ruth and Matt Fowler (Spacek and Wilkinson, respectively) share a peaceful home life in the seaside town of Camden, Maine as their son, Frank, freshly graduated from college, returns home for the summer. In the midst of a fling with an older woman named Natalie, Frank attracts the attention of Natalie's ex-husband, who begins to interfere through dangerous means. When the unthinkable occurs, Ruth and Matt take to it in very different ways — one surrenders to isolation, while the other plans retribution.
The first film to premiere at the Sundance Film Festival to receive an Academy Award nomination for Best Picture, In the Bedroom complements its stellar ensemble of actors with a compellingly restrained and literary approach from its debuting director.
“A courageous film - one that's willing to leave questions unanswered, relationships unresolved and injuries unhealed.” - Brian Webster, Apollo Guide
“Few things are more sorrowful than a couple in a house of mourning with nothing but a wall of silence between them.” - Judith Egerton, Courier-Journal (Louisville, KY)
“Beneath every smooth exterior runs an undercurrent of turmoil, unrest, and danger.” - John J. Puccio, Movie Metropolis
James (Alexander Skarsgard) and Em Foster (Cleopatra Coleman) are on vacation on the island of Li Tolqa, and they meet the mysterious Gabi (Mia Goth). A fatal car accident occurs, and James is found guilty of murder. He faces the death penalty in this foreign land but learns of a process available to the wealthy where a clone can made of the accused and executed in their stead. James and Em are sucked into an acutely violent and hedonistic torment of capital punishment and transformation.
Harnessing the talents of stars Skarsgard and Coleman, Brandon Cronenberg's Infinity Pool is poised to thrill and frighten.
Grab some of your fellow trivia lovers, sign up to six team members, and flex your brain muscle as we grill you through six challenging rounds of trivia! The topics will vary (slightly), but will be almost entirely entertainment industry-based! Sign up your team in the form below. Participation is free, but we do need you and your team to RSVP!
1) Doors open at 7pm, and we'll aim to start trivia promptly at 7:30pm. Please give yourself time to make your food and drink purchases before start time!
2) You do not talk about Fight Club.
3) When we are in rounds, cell phones must be put away.
4) We will be utilizing the big screen for some of the rounds, so bring your glasses if ya need 'em!
5) Correct spelling on the answer sheets is not required — but legibility is!
6) We'll have clipboards for your teams — please select the most legible writer in your group!
7) Unless otherwise specified, we are looking for full titles if the answer is a sequel (i.e., “Harry Potter Part 2” or “Friday the 13th Part 7” would not count…)
8) Shhh! As you discuss with your team, keep your voice down so another team doesn't hear your answer!
9) If you must use your cell phone for a call, leave the group and make your call in the lobby. You will not be able to rejoin your group until the next round.
10) In the event of a tie, tying teams will go into a Sudden Death speed round!
Winning team gets Frida Cinema film and concession passes!
See you at Trivia Night!